On Thursday, February 23 from 2:00 – 3:30 PM EST, Sanjin Zvonic, PhD, PCT’s Senior Director, Business Leader, Clinical Cell Therapy Manufacturing, will be speaking as part of a panel on a webinar hosted by AABB titled “Apheresis Optimization in Gene and Immunotherapy Development in Non-Mobilized Patients and Donors.”
Dr. Zvonic’s presentation will cover the impact of apheresis product quality/variability on manufacturing process development, manufacturing, and patient access. He will also discuss the necessary shift in focus that must take place from manufacturing during clinical development (where the focus is on product safety, consistency, and characterization) to commercialization (where the focus must be on supply chain robustness, cost of goods, reimbursement, and scaling up or out to treat a large number of patients).
The webinar will be moderated by Mark Flower, Senior Manager, Global Strategic Manager, Terumo BCT. Additional speakers will include Andrew Fesnak, MD, Director, Cell Manufacturing and Development, Clinical Cell and Vaccine Production Facility, University of Pennsylvania and Chrissy Anderson, Associate Director of Cell Procurement, Bluebird Bio.
As per the AABB website, “After participating in this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the impact of clinical indication on leukapheresis collections in gene and immunotherapy setting.
- Address clinical, technical and operational actions designed to optimize apheresis and minimize variability in collected products.
- Discuss strategies employed to address collection process in various settings including hospitals, blood centers and across regional differences.
- Review the present state of apheresis collections, logistics and manufacturing processes.
- Share lessons learned and insights that can be applied in centers performing leukapheresis procedures for cell based gene and immunotherapies to optimize apheresis collections.”
The webinar will be held Thursday, February 23 from 2:00 – 3:30 PM EST. Click the button below to register. We at PCT hope you’ll take the time to join and we look forward to sharing PCT’s expertise on this topic with you.